Benefits of Craftercise
Craftercise promotes a ‘play-based learning’ environment where children learn to make sense of the world around them. The unstructured nature of children’s play during the Craftercise experience is more developmentally appropriate for preschoolers than participation in the more structured nature of organised sport. Here is just a snapshot of benefits from participation in the Craftercise sensory adventure gym sessions:
- Imagination and creativity
- Decision making
- Designed by experienced educators
- Tailored to all
abilities and learning styles
- Social skills
- Problem solving
- Cognitive development
- Develops muscle strength
- Neurological development
- Based on the latest international evidence relating to children’s physical, social, emotional and intellectual development
All children will have the opportunity to explore a range of tactile activities and active movements designed to develop co-ordination and neurological development. There are two different rooms available for play; Sensory Adventure Mini Gym and Sensory Adventure Mighty Gym. During the sessions, adults are required to actively supervise their children at all times to ensure a safe and inclusive play space for everyone. Children are given the opportunity to develop confidence and imagination and to fully immerse themselves in the play environment.
Sensory Adventure Mini Gym
6 - 18 months
The Sensory Adventure Mini Gym is for children aged 6 -18 months only. This is designed especially for children to move, play and explore the world around them, through the use of their senses, proprioception, vestibular system and fundamental movement skills. Whether your baby is wriggling, rolling, crawling or walking there is loads of sensory play and movement opportunities to experience. At this stage children love to explore by putting everything in their mouths so we ensure everything used is safe and non-toxic.
Sensory Adventure Mighty Gym
Walkers - 5 years
The Sensory Adventure Mighty Gym is recommended for walkers - 5 year olds. Children will have an opportunity to explore all physical activity and sensory play at their own pace and with the freedom to use and develop their imagination and creativity. There will be different surfaces, textures, colours, sounds, and objects enabling children to use their senses, proprioception, vestibular system and fundamental movement skills. Our equipment will enable them to rock, spin, roll, balance, push, pull, climb, swing, slide, propel objects, jump, ride, post, track objects and problem solve.
Now that your child has joined the Crafty Crocs and shows greater independence, we encourage them in the development of their motor skills, social skills and literacy and numeracy skills. We place an emphasis on valuing their choices and decisions on how to play and offer encouragement and praise when they can share with us what they learnt and created. Children will have the opportunity to participate in physical activities and movement to music, art and craft and messy and sensory play like the other age groups, with the addition of science experiments just for the Crafty Crocs age group.
About our sessions
Craftercise is a unique, contemporary and safe sensory adventure gym space for pre-school aged children that fosters learning through play. It combines the joy of creativity, the delight of imagination and the thrill of an active sensory adventure.
Our sensory adventure gyms allow children to immerse themselves in rich sensory play environments designed for them to navigate and experience a range of engaging, interactive and self-paced activities using soft play, recycled equipment, sporting equipment, musical instruments, sensory and educational play equipment. Children can explore surfaces, textures, colours, movements, sounds, and objects enabling children to engage and develop their senses, proprioception, vestibular system and fundamental movement skills.
The 1 hour sessions include access to high quality and safe physical activity and sensory play equipment in addition to recycled, rescued, reused and home-made materials. Our multi-sensory gyms allow children to creatively and actively explore play equipment that will enable them to rock, spin, roll, balance, push, pull, climb, swing, slide, propel objects, jump, ride, post, track objects and problem solve. The themed play areas include many fully interactive movable parts that will change throughout the year making them a safe, fun and active invitation to play during every visit.
With every child closely supervised by an adult your child will be able to socialise, communicate, and negotiate with other pre-school aged children. The inclusive and friendly atmosphere welcomes all adults and children. The unique and contemporary sensory play gym spaces are safe, clean, developmentally appropriate and inclusive of children of all abilities and learning styles.
From Term 3 2021 our format has changed to all casual sensory adventure gym sessions. There will no longer be classes with messy play or art & craft.
Conditions of Entry
- Children need to wear comfy clothing which allows them to participate safely
- All children participating must have bare feet and adults must remove shoes
- Adults must be within close proximity of their child and actively supervising at all times
- Mobile phones can be used to photograph your child, however please don't use them for social media or phone calls during sessions
- All bags & food/drinks must remain in reception, only small purse/wallet/phones that can be carried in pockets may be taken into studios
- Prams can be only be brought into reception not the play spaces. Any younger sibling not participating must be carried at all times
- Please do not attend a session if you or your child is unwell and do not bring sick siblings along either
- You will be required to sanitise children's hands and feet before entry into the gyms
- By booking and attending a sensory adventure gym session, you are agreeing to read and adhere to our safety guidelines, which are located in reception and each gym. You are also agreeing to our terms & conditions when booking.
- When you book a session you also agree to our terms & conditions. We recommend you only book for your children and get a friend/relative to book for themselves. If you book for them you are agreeing to the terms & conditions and safety guidelines on their behalf.